Not every day is the perfect day, but we can create near perfect moments.
Those perfect moments that you need to draw on when you're in a funk..... because let's be honest there is no time for being in a 'funk'.
Just so we are clear a funk in my world is a bad mood, lack of clarity or just plain old tiredness! And when this over active mind, doesn’t stop for it's body, the funk arises more often than I like!
So I created a list of rituals that I call on when a bad mood 'finds' me, I can’t clear my mind or I am just plain old grumpy.
Step 1 - Take a moment, take a large inhale, followed by a long exhale, acknowledge that you are in a funk and what you are currently doing is not shifting it!
Step 2 - Pick a tried and tested ritual and apply it - NOW (ritual = fav 'pick me up')
Step 3 - If after 15 minutes the funk hasn't left - repeat Step 2 with a new ritual!
Step 4 - Thank yourself for creating a list to draw on when the funk hits again - unfortunately they do!
My go to 'Get Me out of that funk rituals!'
- Pour my little heart out… journal and journal some more. Until I feel light, calm, at ease and nothing left to say
- Fix myself a cup of coffee (or tea), grab my book and run a bath
- Ask for a hug, a long one, one with effort behind it
- Call a soul sister and hit a favourite cafe or head for a walk
- Take 5 - burn an uplifting oil, layout my mat, put on a guided meditation track and get down on my back, close my eyes and breath
- Play anything by Colbie Caitlet, Deva Premal or Shake it by Tailor Swift
JUST A TIP - Try not to remove the funk with chocolate, foods that don't nourish your body or someone who doesn't lift you up - you might just create another one.
Go on don’t wait for the next bad mood - write your rituals today! Or one better - be proactive; build these in to your week so you beat the funk before it decides to hit!
What do you turn to? I’d love to hear yours!